Friday 14 August 2015

11. The One On The Treadmill

13 August 2015

Today it was back to the gym for a 45-minute run (it was meant to be an hour, but I ran out of time) on the treadmill with my heart-rate kept below 130 throughout to train my aerobic system.  This is the easiest workout on my schedule from the perspective of actual running, but the hardest mentally in a way!  It's soooooooooooo dulllllllllllllll ...

I like to do it on a treadmill for two reasons:  first, it's much easier to keep an eye on my heart rate there, because I can take my Garmin off and have it in front of me so that I don't need to bring my arm up to eye level.  Secondly, I can watch TV or have a little nose at what's going on around me in the gym to keep me occupied!

The good news about today's run was that I was finally feeling more like myself after a good night's sleep last night (AT LAST!) and that it was much easier to keep my heart rate under 130 than it's ever been before.  To keep it that low, I have to run at 7.5kph(!) but even then it creeps up about so that about every six or seven minutes I have to slow to a 6.5kph walk to bring it back down.  Today I only had to stop every 10-12 minutes, so hopefully that means I'm getting a little fitter with all this running!

The other good news was that it meant that I could catch up on Mr & Mrs Murder on 5oD.  I love that show - definitely one of my favorites!  It was the last of the series so it was even more of a treat to watch it.  Can't wait for next season!


No comments:

Post a Comment