Saturday 8 August 2015

8. The One With The DOMS

8 August 2015

I woke up INSANELY stiff this morning!  I think a lot of it was to do with the hill sprints yesterday, because I haven't done anything like that for ages, but it wasn't helped by an hour SUPing in the sea in the afternoon, plus a cold fan over my body all night (no a/c in 35*C heat meant the fan was unavoidable!).  However, it was a good opportunity to see what running on sore muscles meant and how easy it was to recover once I'd warmed up.

I did the same work out as yesterday because it was really the only option available - but it was a lot slower!  Whereas the day before I'd run up the hill in no more than 10 seconds and down in no more than 8, I was running 11s and 12s up and 9s and 10s down.  I warmed up a bit after about 10 minutes and started to run faster, but man it hurt!  However I got through it which was all good - it meant that I am tough enough to do it two days in a row which is a big relief (even though that's nothing compared to the actually challenge!).

I spent the rest of the day lying in the shallow kids pool, alternating with sliding down the slides.  You have to be under 160cm to go on these slides so most of my friends were barred, but luckily I'm such a midget that it was fine for me!!  Sadly we have to leave tomorrow to get back to London for work on Monday so it'll be back to the grindstone, but we've had an amazing year - bring on next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment