Thursday 10 September 2015

29. The One With All The Drills

10 September 2015

I turned up at the track again today to learn that I was finally getting my easy session full of drills!  Woo hoo!  Also, since I didn't know that til I turned up, it meant that I escaped sprint sets this week - double woo hoo!!

Drills were so much FUN!  I loved them, even though it turns out I have the grace and mobility of a baby elephant and the spatial awareness of a dyspraxic rhino.  I'm really hoping that this was just unfamiliarity with the drills because otherwise I'm really in some trouble ...

It's almost impossible to describe the drills we were doing but basically they involved a lot of leaning forward from the ankles, a lot of shuffling my feet, a lot of picking up my heels and a lot of me being told I was doing it wrong!  I've got loads to work on, so I'll be the one looking like an idiot down at the track for the next couple of weeks, trying to use my hamstrings to pick up my heels a bit more (in the correct plane.  Jeez.).

Once I'd done the drills it was over to a few 100m sprints, trying to use the techniques from the drills.  I love 100m sprints!  Which sort of raises the question of why I don't just do 100m sprints, rather than running 150-odd kilometres, but let's not worry about my mental state for now and focus on the fact that this morning's sprints were super fun!  There was sooooooooo much going on in my head, trying to apply all these techniques, that I didn't really notice the pain of sprinting ... but then again it could've been 'cause I wasn't going that fast at about 17 seconds / 100m.

The best thing about today was the WEATHER!  Oh man, if only it could be like this for the ACC I would be so happy!  It's the most gorgeous day we've had in ages, with a perfect blue sky and gorgeous sun beating down.  I love days like today!

No comments:

Post a Comment