Friday 25 September 2015

38. The One After PigGate

25 September 2015

Today's run is barely worth mentioning except to say that it was unmemorable!  An hour on the treadmill, sub-130 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  My heart rate was well behaved, but not even that's worth mentioning as frankly I've come to expect that of it now!

However, what an hour of treadmill time did give me was ... MOCK THE WEEK, PIGGATE EDITION.  Okay, it wasn't actually probably intended to be PigGate edition, but when an opportunity like that presents itself, what can you do?  It'd be rude not to take full advantage of it right?  It's been what a week now, and I still can't stop laughing every time it comes up.  America elected the most charismatic man ever to walk the earth as it's president - he can give brilliant public speeches, he's got morals and he's not afraid to fight for what he thinks is right (like far tighter gun laws), he's hilariously funny, he can even sing and dance.  We've elected a man who fucked a dead pig.  We might as well ring the most humor we can out of it!

Some of my favorite moments have been #PigGateSongs (in particular, "I Like Pig Butts And I Cannot Lie"), the classic Prosciutto Affair and this truly amazing sign at a tube station (which I really wish was real).



Mock the Week rung the full benefit out of the whole situation and it definitely made my run far more amusing.  I would definitely recommend it on a boring run!  I will write more about actual running tomorrow but I promise, PigGate is far more interesting than today's run ...

No comments:

Post a Comment